Have a question to ask or any comments to give? Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I fully appreciate any input! I may later ask permission to post any questions that I feel to be a beneficial contribution toward making this website a reliable online resource on the Tenrikyo faith. I promise I won’t use your questions or quote you by name without your permission.
Ofudesaki unnumbered set (Jpn: Ofudesaki gogai おふでさき号外) refer to verses Oyasama wrote in exterior volumes of the Ofudesaki She gave to devoted followers that are not found in the original manuscript preserved at Her Residence.
According to the Tenrikyo jiten, there are 14 unnumbered set verses that do not appear in the original manuscript. Continue reading Ofudesaki unnumbered set
Returns for [Cosmic Space-Time]’s regret over the removal of the Kanrodai; sweeping away the dust of the mind
(56) Until today, you did not know what path you were on. Hereafter, I shall let you know the path. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 17, verses 56–75
The way to clear away the “regret” and the arrival of the time to begin this
(25) Until now, I have listened to whatever things. This time, indeed, I shall clear My regret away. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 17, verses 25–55
Part 17: Focus on the truth of the Kanrodai
The Kanrodai and the Jiba
(1) Until now, no one has known what path this is. From this day on, you will understand the path. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 17, verses 1–24
How to settle what is stated in the preceding section; preparations for the Service
(64) Therefore, I shall tell you how to settle matters. All of you in the world must ponder quickly. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 16, verses 64–79
[Oyagami]’s concerns over the marriage proposal of Otojiro
(23) Today, I shall begin to tell you of a marvelous thing. No one knows what I shall say. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 16, verses 23–43
From April in the 14th year of Meiji
Part 16: [Kami] is hastening the cleansing of the heart and the replacement of the mind by teaching the significance of the Service, by speaking about the advent of the day when the Service is to be performed, and by indicating a broad path ahead filled with brightness. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 16, verses 1–22
The urgent hastening of the Service done single-heartedly
(72) Now a request. What do you think I request? Quickly assemble the musical instruments and begin practice. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 15, verses 72–90
Nurturing useful timber in the low valleys and hastening the Service
(57) Until now, the high mountains, boastful, have noisily done as they pleased.
(58) From now on, however high the mountains may be, they will never be able to do as they please to the low valleys.[1. OC 15:57, 58: Until now, those who are in high positions noisily complained and interfered as they wished by stopping the Salvation Service. Yet from now on, no matter how high their position may be, they will not be able to treat those below them as they wish. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 15, verses 57–71
The lameness of Shuji’s leg and the hastening of the Service
(22) From today on, whatever talks I shall begin and whatever I shall say, please comply.
(23) There is no knowing what I shall say step by step. I shall carry out My intentions on whatever things. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 15, verses 22–56