Have a question to ask or any comments to give? Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I fully appreciate any input! I may later ask permission to post any questions that I feel to be a beneficial contribution toward making this website a reliable online resource on the Tenrikyo faith. I promise I won’t use your questions or quote you by name without your permission.
From April in the 14th year of Meiji
Part 16: [Kami] is hastening the cleansing of the heart and the replacement of the mind by teaching the significance of the Service, by speaking about the advent of the day when the Service is to be performed, and by indicating a broad path ahead filled with brightness. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 16, verses 1–22
The urgent hastening of the Service done single-heartedly
(72) Now a request. What do you think I request? Quickly assemble the musical instruments and begin practice. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 15, verses 72–90
Nurturing useful timber in the low valleys and hastening the Service
(57) Until now, the high mountains, boastful, have noisily done as they pleased.
(58) From now on, however high the mountains may be, they will never be able to do as they please to the low valleys.[1. OC 15:57, 58: Until now, those who are in high positions noisily complained and interfered as they wished by stopping the Salvation Service. Yet from now on, no matter how high their position may be, they will not be able to treat those below them as they wish. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 15, verses 57–71
The lameness of Shuji’s leg and the hastening of the Service
(22) From today on, whatever talks I shall begin and whatever I shall say, please comply.
(23) There is no knowing what I shall say step by step. I shall carry out My intentions on whatever things. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 15, verses 22–56
From January in the 13th year of Meiji
Part 15: [Kami] is hastening the gathering of performers to complete the Service and teaching the cleansing of the heart. We strongly feel the urgency of the serious situation
Using the lameness of Shuji’s leg as a basis for teaching, [Kami] urges each person to set the mind to perform Service
(1) Until today, I have been biding My time, refraining from speaking out on whatever matters.[1. OC 15:1: Until today, I withheld disclosing My profound thoughts regarding any matter. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 15, verses 1–21
The cleansing of the heart, guidance by means of bodily disorders, and the Parent’s admonition and regret
(72) Hereafter, I shall truly begin to sweep clean the heart of everyone, whoever you may be. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 14, verses 72–92
Lean on the Parent with the mind of sincerity
(48) Throughout the world unto its farthest places, no one knows what will happen. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 14, verses 48–71
Be of the mind filled with joy as was intended by [Kami] in the beginnings of origin
(25) The reason [Cosmic Space-Time] began human beings was the desire to see you lead a [joyous excursion].[1. OC 14:25: I, Oyagami, created human beings out of the desire to have the entire human race to live a truly enjoyable life and to share in this joy through watching this. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 14, verses 25–47
From June in the 12th year of Meiji
Part 14: The name “[Cosmic Space-Time]” is changed to “the Parent,” and everything is taught by using the name “the Parent.” Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 14, verses 1–24
Blessings according to the mind: the blessing of water to grow crops, “the Service for the protection against smallpox,” “the Proof Amulet that protects you from illness, death, and weakening,” and “prayer for rain”
(100) The mind of [Cosmic Space-Time] hastens day after day. Yet there is no understanding in the minds of you close to Me. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 13, verses 100–20