Have a question to ask or any comments to give? Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I fully appreciate any input! I may later ask permission to post any questions that I feel to be a beneficial contribution toward making this website a reliable online resource on the Tenrikyo faith. I promise I won’t use your questions or quote you by name without your permission.
All human beings are equally brothers and sisters; the body is a thing lent by [Cosmic Space-Time]
From the 16th day
(41) Until today, whatever wrongdoing there is said to be, perhaps none of you has known of it on your body. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 13, verses 41–72
The Joyous Service and sweeping the dust away
(21) Day by day and step by step, the dust piles up and fills the heart of [Kami]. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 13, verses 21–40
Part 13: This part explains the Salvation Service in greater detail than does Part 2. The meaning of “[Cosmic Space-Time] withdraws” is explained not only as the stopping of the providence within the body but also as Oyasama’s withdrawal from physical life. In anticipation of the impending advent of the important time, we strongly feel the urgency of the situation where there is no time at all to waver. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 13, verses 1–20
Have faith in Oyasama and pray with a sincere heart, leaning on Her
(150) Today, I shall speak about any and all matters. Whatever I say, understand Me, please.
(151) Even until now, there were many intentions of [Kami], but the day had not come, I have held back. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 12, verses 150–82
The completion of the Service means to free oneself from human thinking and lean on Oyasama
(127) Until now, I have passed through a mountain of regrets. If I clear them away at this time, Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 12, verses 127–49
Have faith in Oyasama; understand the mind of single-hearted salvation
(101) Do not think of this salvation as being trivial. It is the principal matter of the Divine Record of Nihon.[1. OC 12:101: This salvation is not to be an insignificant salvation. This salvation is the ultimate model for single-hearted salvation for nihon, which I manifest at the Jiba of Origin at this time. It is by virtue of this model that the human beings of the entire world will be saved, for all of eternity. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 12, verses 101–26
Oyasama’s words and actions are [Cosmic Space-Time]’s intentions
(70) Whatever is said, it is all by [Cosmic Space-Time]. Never is there mixed the least bit of a human mind.
(71) However difficult you think matters to be, you need not worry. [Cosmic Space-Time] takes charge. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 12, verses 70–100
The manifestation of the truth written with the Writing Brush and [Cosmic Space-Time]’s request” in connection with the divine intent to fill everyone with joy
(44) The truth recorded by My writing brush: lo, it is seen! Your minds will be spirited. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 12, verses 44–69
The regret of [Cosmic Space-Time], the impatience over the human mind, and the coming of the time
The 14th day
(22) This regret in the mind of [Cosmic Space-Time] today: know that it is not a small matter.
(23) Because of the shallowness of human beings, there is no one who knows what [Cosmic Space-Time] does. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 12, verses 22–43
Part 12: [Kami] urges the people to cleanse the heart in connection with the arrival of the time for single-hearted salvation indicated in the Ofudesaki. Impatient with people unable to have faith in Oyasama, [Kami] uses the expression “regret,” declares Oyasama to be [Cosmic Space-Time], and strongly urges people to have faith in Her. In regard to the lameness of Shuji’s leg, the present part—in contrast to the explanation offered in Part 1—does not merely lay the blame on the “wrongdoing’ but also emphasizes the significance of his lameness as causally related to the founding of the teachings. Continue reading Ofudesaki Part 12, verses 1–21